Thread: Email forum messages

Default Email forum messages

With the original Bonaire Talk I received email messages as the messages were posted in my subscribed forums. I can't seem to make it work on the new board. What do I need to do?

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Edward -- I believe you can turn on/turn off this feature on your User Control Panel.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Quote Originally Posted by kob View Post
    Edward -- I believe you can turn on/turn off this feature on your User Control Panel.
    I've tried. I can turn on daily email notification, which means once a day I receive an email with links to new messages. With the old system, the messages appeared in my email account as they were posted. I'm sure I'm missing something.

Lightbulb Thread subscrition

Hi Edward,

Welcome to the New Bonaire Talk.

To subscribe to a thread and recieve instant e-mail notification please go to the top of the thread and click on the Thread tools tab, then click on Subscribe to thread, you will then have the opportunity to select what type of email notification you would like.

Enjoy
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

Quote Originally Posted by ModRoy View Post
    Hi Edward,

Welcome to the New Bonaire Talk.

To subscribe to a thread and recieve instant e-mail notification please go to the top of the thread and click on the Thread tools tab, then click on Subscribe to thread, you will then have the opportunity to select what type of email notification you would like.

Enjoy
    Thanks. Am I understanding correctly that I need to subscribe to each thread I want to follow, and I can no longer simply subscribe to Diving Bonaire, Trip Reports, etc. and receive all messages posted in the forum via email?

Lightbulb Forum subscription (e-mail notification of posts)

Thread subscriptions have the option for immediate/daily/weekly updates

Forum subcriptions
    only have the options for daily & weekly updates

I will have a look to see if the immediate option can be added for forums and discuss with the Moderators at our meeting in Boston tomorrow.

I think this was done to limit e-mail traffic due to some of the very popular forums.
    PRA & ET Inc

Forum subscriptions

I will have a look to see if the immediate option can be added for forums and discuss with the Moderators at our meeting in Boston tomorrow.

I think this was done to limit e-mail traffic due to some of the very popular forums.
    Thanks. Just to be clear, with the forum subscriptions as they are, I receive an email once a day stating new messages were posted, and a link. With the old system, I received the actual message as it was posted, not a message with a link.

Forum subcriptions

I guess my suggestion was voted down? If it was done to limit email traffic, wouldn't the subscription options take care of that? I'm just asking to reinstate the option to select immediate delivery of message to my email address.

Arrow Full text of post as E-mail is not possible in Vbulletin

Hi Edward,

not voted down at all!! This option is simply not available with Vbulletin Software, well certainly not with V3.8 which we are using.

There are several threads over in the Vbulletin Forum from various Forum Admin/owners asking for this facility, but rarely have they even been replied to by the Vbulletin developers. Click HERE for an example

we can only hope that it will be included in the latest versions.

PRA & ET Inc

Thanks Rob.