Thread: Insel flight through Charlotte

Default Insel flight through Charlotte

I am looking at flights for March 2012 and it seems that the Insel flight is a pretty good deal. Around $550 pp rt. I am a little concerned though about the tight connection coming back - specifically the flight leaves Bonaire at 7:40 arrive Curacao at 8:10 then leaves Curacao at 9:10 for Charlotte. I guess this wouldn't be a problem if we can check our luggage through from Bonaire - does anyone know how this works? Thanks for the help. Ben

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by handben View Post
    I am looking at flights for March 2012 and it seems that the Insel flight is a pretty good deal. Around $550 pp rt. I am a little concerned though about the tight connection coming back - specifically the flight leaves Bonaire at 7:40 arrive Curacao at 8:10 then leaves Curacao at 9:10 for Charlotte. I guess this wouldn't be a problem if we can check our luggage through from Bonaire - does anyone know how this works? Thanks for the help. Ben
    Nobody has done it yet.....so let us know how it goes!
    I'm guessing if it is the same plane, then no issue.
    If there is a plane change, good luck.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Since this is a brand new route, send Insel an email and ask them?
    And then let us know?---thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Thorpe View Post
    Since this is a brand new route, send Insel an email and ask them?
    And then let us know?---thanks
    I have emailed and will post their response if/when I get it.

I was under the impression that this new twice a week Insel flight is really just a CUR-CLT roundtrip for their 737 and that one just connects with existing small aircraft flights to get between CUR and BON.
    So if a good number of folks try to book the flight from CLT to get to BON, some will get skunked due to the small connecting plane.
    Tom Schamp

Tom, That is a another fear of mine. I think I will wait and see how it goes from some of the early adopters. I'm planning a trip for March, so I've got some time still.

It has been several days and I still have not heard a reply to my email from Insel. I'm not really expecting one at this point.

I played with kayak.com a few weeks after news of this new flight came out.
    I recall that some weekends in July, it only had connections from CUR to BON the following morning, meaning overnight in CUR on the way down.
    But there are 2 or 3 other small airlines that fly the CUR-BON route that are not on kayak.com.

I still think it best to keep the daily AA flights to CUR (via MIA) as your primary choice.
    Tom Schamp

Smile

Hi Tom
    I'm hoping that U.S. Air and Insel get it together so Bonaire will become an all daylight adventure for those of us who live on the west coast.
    The red eyes are getting to be old! BUT-- Bonaire is always worth the hassle!

I did get a reply about the bags that I promised I'd share, I hope this helps those looking at this itinerary:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting our Support Department.

We would like to inform you that your luggage will be cheked through to Charlotte and you will clear imigration in Curaçao.

Hope to have informed you accordingly.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact our Commercial Department.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Martha