Thread: What do you cook

Hybrid View

BonnieC Lurker

Default Last February was the first ti

Last February was the first time we were on Bonaire for more than a week so I figured I had to get out of my usual pattern which was "bread-cheese-fruit-beer" then go out to dinner. We shopped, which was fun, and ate in about 2 dinners out of 3. I made garlic shrimp with frozen shrimp from Warehouse and we ate a lot of chicken, also frozen from Warehouse. We also ate a lot of salads with produce from More for Less and big avocadoes from the stand by the pier. By the end of 3 weeks I was running out of ideas.

I'm guessing many BTers stay in places with kitchens. What do you cook?

Angie Ohlson Lurker

Default I generally bring spices from

I generally bring spices from home - but stir fry with Chicken/Pork/fresh veggies. Or a potatoe dish I make with peppers/garlic/olive oil(when potatoes are available. I make alot its great for left overs in the a.m. with breakfast.

Corney Ann Carter Lurker

Default I make lots of salads. I usual

I make lots of salads. I usually make them the day before so I don't have much to do at night.
    I make curried chicken, waldorf with pasta included to make it a main meal, and lots and lots of different kinds of beans salads. Also take turns cooking with friends that are on island at the same time.

Julia (Moderator) Lurker

Default Very easy to make chilli and s

Very easy to make chilli and spaghetti sauces. make double quantities and freeze half. Chilli is great after a night dive, especially if you just have to put it in the microwave. We eat it with pitta bread.
    Lemon chicken; put chicken pieces in a bowl with black pepper, the rind and juice of a lemon and olive oil. Leave for at least an hour or even overnight then grill Roast or BBQ.

Jerry Lurker

Default KFC.

KFC.

Nancy Klune Lurker

Default On vacation I only make reserv

On vacation I only make reservations.

*Skipper Tink* Lurker

Default Nancy, I'm with you...lol.

Nancy, I'm with you...lol...