Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Christmas Cookie or other baked Recipes

**Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Jacques Lurker

Default Chips Ahoy or Oreos.

Chips Ahoy or Oreos.

Beck-ee, stayin home now for a long time Lurker

Default RosAnne - does your recipe rea

RosAnne - does your recipe really call for 3 cups (6 sticks) of butter? Holy Carp!

RA, the 12 step program worked for me! Lurker

Default YIKES!! Thanks for pointing th

YIKES!! Thanks for pointing that out...3 STICKS of butter...1 and 1/2 CUPS!! oops sorry!! Can any of the mods change it for me??

ModCyn Lurker

Default RA, done[img]http://www.bonair

RA, done

RA, the 12 step program worked for me! Lurker

Default Thanks ModCyn!

Thanks ModCyn!

*Tink* Lurker

Default Reminds me of the time I made

Reminds me of the time I made a co-workers enchilada recipe for a pot luck. I got all confused and used CREAM CHEESE instead of SOUR CREAM. I used like 16 OZ of cream cheese in them...lol...they were OK, but rich...LOL!

Deb*ie**B.**~ **Jersey*Gal(*) Lurker

Default WHOOPEE PIES 2 ounces unswe

WHOOPEE PIES

2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
    4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
    1/2 cup butter
    1 cup sugar
    3 large eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup flour
    1/4 cup cocoa
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    about 18 marshmellows (big ones)

Heat oven to 375. Line an insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper

Melt chocolates and butter in double boiler, stirring occasionally. Whisk sugar, eggs and vanilla into chocolate.

Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into another bowl. Gradually whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Switch to a rubber spatula and fold the batter together, taking care not to overmix.

Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter onto prepared cookie sheet. Repeat to make 36 cookies, spacing them about 1 inch apart. Bake until cookies spring back when touched lightly, about 6 minutes.

Cool cookies slightly. Transfer half the cookies to a rack. Turn the remaining cookies over on the pan, so they lay flat-side up. Place a marshmellow on top of each and return cookies to oven. Cook just until marshmellow begins to soften and puff, 3 minutes. Cool marshmallow-topped cookies slightly, 2 minutes about. Top with remaining cookies, pressing lightly to make sandwiches. Cool on rack.