Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone up for some beer bread

chicagorandy Lurker

Default The weather is starting to get

The weather is starting to get cool, and thoughts turn to soups and stews and the like, so here is a very quick and easy hearty bread to compliment them.

It's a 3-2-1 Beer Bread...

3 cups of self-rising flour; 2 tablespoons of sugar; and 1 can (12 oz) of beer. (I used Sam Adams Boston Lager, but any full bodied beer will add flavor)

Mix the dry stuff well, then add the 12 oz of beer and mix just until it's not lumpy.
    Pour it into a greased loaf pan and let rise in a warm place for about 1/2 hour.

Pop it into a pre-heated 375F oven for 40 minutes. Cool on a rack for at least 1/2 hour before slicing. That's all there is to it. About 90 minutes start to finish, and makes ONE loaf.

You can brush it with some water or honey just out of the oven if you like the top less crusty.

Note, if you can't find Self Rising flour, just add 1-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt to each cup of All Purpose flour.

**Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link Lurker

Default Thanks Randy. I bet it would b

Thanks Randy. I bet it would be good with my chilli, watching a football game.

Diane and Bea Lurker

Default Sounds great ! Should of made

Sounds great ! Should of made this for the Bears vs . Green bay game on Monday..
    shouldn't this be under food and wine ?

Meeeeee~chelle Lurker

Default Yep Randy..I'm liking this

Yep Randy..I'm liking this recipe will have to give it a try.....A football game sounds like a great way to do it, JIm

Princeypoo******Kenny's Muffin Forever Lurker

Default Sounds like it would be great

Sounds like it would be great at the convent with a little skull

KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia Lurker

Default [img]http://www.bonairetalk.co

Maybe with a little sin brushed on top?

It actually does sound really good. Will have to try the recipe this fall.

chicagorandy Lurker

Default For the sake of simplicity Sel

For the sake of simplicity Self-Rising flour is simply All Purpose flour with 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt added per cup of flour.

Freddie {Moderator} Lurker

Default Great recipe Randy I am going

Great recipe Randy I am going to move it over the Food and Wine under Breads and muffins .. thanks.

chicagorandy Lurker

Default Thanks Freddie, in truth I had

Thanks Freddie, in truth I had not realized we had a food & beverage forum here - LOL

Diane and Bea Lurker

Default Chgo Randy now you can start p

Chgo Randy now you can start posting more recipes for the Bears games ! Always need some new recipes