Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panko Cursted Chicken

Yo "walking" MO Lurker

Default Stolen but acknowledged. Made

Stolen but acknowledged. Made this last night - O!M!G!

Panko-Crusted Chicken with Mustard-Maple Pan Sauce Bon Appétit | October 2009

by The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen

Most of the ingredients used in this recipe are staples, so all you need to buy are the breadcrumbs, chicken, and parsley. Look for panko in the Asian foods section of supermarkets and at Asian markets. I found it in the regular bread crumb baking section of my local grocery store.

Yield: Makes 4 servings
    Active Time: 30 minutes
    Total Time: 30 minutes

2 8-ounce skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise in half
    1 large egg
    1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
    2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 cup low-salt chicken broth
    3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
    2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon coarse-grained mustard
    1 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter

Using meat mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken in resealable plastic bag to 1/3-to 1/2-inch thickness. Whisk egg, parsley, and 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard in large bowl. Place chicken in egg mixture; turn to coat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each chicken piece in panko; turn to coat. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, whisk broth, syrup, coarse-grained mustard, and remaining 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard in glass measuring cup.

Transfer chicken to plates. Add broth mixture to skillet; boil until reduced to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Add butter; whisk until melted. Spoon sauce alongside chicken.

Per serving: 390.2 kcal calories, 35.3 % calories from fat, 15.3 g fat, 4.4 g saturated fat, 158.1 mg cholesterol, 21.0 g carbohydrates, 0.5 g dietary fiber, 9.3 g total sugars, 20.5 g net carbohydrates, 39.3 g protein
    Nutritional analysis provided by Bon Appétit

Epicurious.com © Condé Nast Digital, Inc. All rights reserved.

Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal(*) Lurker

Default Mara, sounds yummy! Can't

Mara, sounds yummy! Can't wait to try this one, just had chicken last night, so later this week for sure.

La Reina de la Salsa Lurker

Default Mara, what do you serve this w

Mara, what do you serve this with? Vegetables, salad? I have to give it a try.

Yo "walking" MO Lurker

Default I served aspargus (mainly

I served aspargus (mainly because it was in the fridge and we love it) and mashed potatoes. It's super easy and delish!

(Message edited by mara2196 on October 7, 2009)

Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal(*) Lurker

Default Great sides, Mashed taters are

Great sides, Mashed taters are my son's fav. Oh, and he even eats asparagus too. I don't make mashed taters enough he says....

La Reina de la Salsa Lurker

Default Love the side dishes, mashed p

Love the side dishes, mashed potatoes my favorite.

Jim Mc -- But you can all me Jacques Lurker

Default I just take asparagus, cut off

I just take asparagus, cut off bottoms, wrap in aluminum foil with olive oil and minced garlic, a little pepper, throw on the grill. Mara, that recipe sounds great.

Yo "walking" MO Lurker

Default Jim - that's almost how I

Jim - that's almost how I do asparagus too. I let them sit in cold water for about 5 minutes and then snap off the ends. Where they snap is where it would be woody anyway. When I have to cook inside then I heat up a skillet, put in a little olive oil, in goes the asparagus with some salt and pepper...maybe some other crushed herbs....and we're good to go.

Jerry Lurker

Default FYI, you can sub the chicken w

FYI, you can sub the chicken with sliced SPAM.

Yo "walking" MO Lurker

Default Jerry - are you the majority s

Jerry - are you the majority shareholder in SPAM?