PDA

View Full Version : Need O-Ring YS-90 Sea & Sea Strobe NOW!

Lori
01-03-2015, 09:20 PM
I am on the island now and realized that I forgot the o-ring for my Sea & Sea YS-90 strobe. If anyone here has one, please let me know. Fish Eye Photo is closed until January 12. Bon Photo is not open until Monday. The dive shop at Buddy was closed when I was there today but I will try again tomorrow. THANK YOU SO MUCH if you can help me!

kob
01-04-2015, 09:40 AM
See Bruce Bowker at Carib Inn ... he will likely have an o-ring of the size & diameter that you need.

SevetS
01-04-2015, 10:54 AM
If Bruce doesn't have them in stock, please PM me. I have an extra set for our YS-D1 & YS-110a, and it seems the YS-90 may use same.

Lori
01-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Thanks KOB. I stopped at Carib Inn, but no luck. SevetS, I will PM you now--thanks!

Lori
01-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Thanks so much Steve! It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. You have saved our photo/dive vacation! Now, let's see if I can get some pictures worth posting! Saw a rainbow on our way home from your house tonight so I am hoping that luck is on our side now! :cool:

SevetS
01-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Great meeting the two of you, and happy to help, Lori. Surprised that such a mainstream part for UW photographers isn't stocked by more shops here. In an era of planned obsolescence, the people at Sea & Sea (http://www.seaandsea.com) deserve big credit for using same o-ring sizes for several generations of their strobes. Safe diving and happy shooting!