PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!!! Letters needed TODAY to save Bonaire's Marine Park!

chickster
12-12-2013, 12:42 PM
SAVE BONAIRE’S MARINE PARK!!

http://savebonairemarinepark.org/latest-posts/

Susan Porter, author of the Bonaire Shore Diving Guide Made Easy has offered to hand deliver protest letters. She must receive them by 9am Fri 12/13. I have offered to post this as she is frantically trying to gather letters to help save Bonaire’s Reef!! There is a sample letter within the link above. You can use this letter as a template. Please personalize the letter. (see below). Be sure to include your name, address and signature.

Susan writes:
Information needed for the BNMP letter of protest.

Please use the word format letter or make a PDF. An email will NOT do. Your Signature is required!

Make sure you add what stake you have in this. You are a resident/visitor/business owner etc. How long you have been coming or something along this line.

If you would like to send any scanned/PDF's to me I will be happy to print and deliver them to STCB. You can also take a photo of your letter and send it to her. Her e mail is: susan@bsdme.info

Remember the deadline is first thing Friday morning so you must act NOW!

grunt
12-12-2013, 03:00 PM
I sent a letter directly to Susan as a JPG; hope it helps.

kob
12-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Sent mine today as a PDF via email.

jendiver
12-12-2013, 03:49 PM
reposting on scuba board. Hubby and I will each do a letter.

chickster
12-12-2013, 03:50 PM
All we can do is try. It is certainly worth a shot! You can cut and paste the content of my message and email it to any of your Bonaire Diving Friends! Not everyone is on BT everyday.

BSDME
12-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Thank you for your stewardship of the island of Bonaire and the nature she has to offer. The more awareness we generate the bigger our impact is. We need the voices not just of locals, residents and business owners, we need YOUR voices! You are the ones who keep coming back and support the island in many ways. Please do not hesitate in making your voice heard. It matters to the future of Bonaire.

Tink
12-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Done! Pass the word folks!!!!!!

ModRoy
12-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Done & PDF emailed to Susan

Danke an Allen

jendiver
12-12-2013, 06:11 PM
2 PDFs sent to Susan. Jenny & Spencer

Cornhusker
12-12-2013, 07:44 PM
My question is how much did it cost the bar owners to get officials to change their mind? It is always about the money and follow the trail and you will find the person who helped grease the skids for their personal gain. Amazing but not surprising that language included some reference to "government/official" so if the island government decides to build a piers) for their usage it would be ok to just building it and no questions can be asked. Been diving Bonaire for 13+ years now and amazing the changes, and if it continues might as well be Aruba, and that my friends is simply makes me sick! Cornhusker

tursiops
12-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Letter sent.

DrDirector
12-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Letter sent to Susan. Thank you Susan and Chickster.

Bob T
12-13-2013, 10:24 AM
I just signed it. Will it still be counted?

grunt
12-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Has there been any response to our letters sent?
Sad to say but "follow the money" seems to be the way look at this.
Those in power could care less about the reefs and divers.

esculley
12-26-2013, 03:45 AM
makes me ill