PDA

View Full Version : Site with excellent Bonaire pictures

Dean
01-14-2013, 09:10 AM
We are just back from two quick weeks in Bonaire-staying at the Belmar Apartments for the first time(excellent). Over most of the two weeks there I watched the Dutch gentleman who stayed at unit 1 taking pictures. He had a heavy duty tripod, several large lens systems and lots of patience-both in getting the pictures and in answering my questions.

In time he brought his laptop over and shared what he had been doing. My wife, daughter and I were blown away by the quality of his pictures. As he explained he did not use any photoshop programs but rather achieved his pictures by use of various filters, settings and timed exposures.

If you are familiar with the Belmar you will recognise the dock area in some pictures. Other sites will also be familar, the West Side, Sorobon, the Flamingo santuary and such. In the three and a half weeks he and his family had been there he was attempting to get a picture of a fish hawk that frequented the Belmar area as it hunted. With about two days to go before leaving he was succesful-a Parrot fish can be seen in the bird's talons.

http://www.hansvanwijck.nl/p453720202 is the section of his site with the Bonaire pics. If you go to the site Home you can view other collections he has taken. Talented, skilled and with an artistic eye. I hope you enjoy his efforts. We sure did and still do.

kob
01-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Very nice. The salt pond reflections were terrific !!

ModCecil
01-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Just spectacular.

coldwaterlloyd
01-14-2013, 03:00 PM
The best .

grunt
01-14-2013, 07:35 PM
I would miss a dive day (or two) just to learn from someone that good!

luvtosnorkel
01-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Wow!! those are amazing!!

randl
01-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Wonderful photography. The captured parrotfish is amazing.