PDA

View Full Version : SeaLife DC1400 Pro Duo

croerig
01-09-2013, 02:17 PM
I just purchased this camera, housing and photo/video combo light package. I would appreciate any feedback from those who have this model.

Bob T
01-09-2013, 04:21 PM
So far so it's a great camera and video. I've only had this model for one year and I'm looking forward to this year again on Bonaire. My first sealife camera was 20 years plus but it was the 35mm film cameras. I'm looking forward to video the manta ray that's around the island. It's also is really decent on land also and since it is smaller and fits in the pocket.

croerig
01-09-2013, 04:30 PM
So far so it's a great camera and video. I've only had this model for one year and I'm looking forward to this year again on Bonaire. My first sealife camera was 20 years plus but it was the 35mm film cameras. I'm looking forward to video the manta ray that's around the island. It's also is really decent on land also and since it is smaller and fits in the pocket.

Thanks, Bob. I have found a new wide angle lens that became available mid year last year - the SL975. It costs about $300 but is supposed to work well.

Bob T
01-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi Again!
Well, my wife and I went to a little seminar at our local dive shop last night Yeah, that fish eye lens was pretty impressive. I'm thinking now of getting another spare battery for the camera and they sell everything that's you need lol. I hope you have fun as usual on Bonaire. We'll be there the 16th of March.

croerig
01-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Based on what you saw, is the fish eye lens worth the money?

We are making our 10th consecutive trip to Bonaire and will be there Feb. 22nd thru March 7th

Bob T
01-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi,
Well, since I'm just a point and shoot type of person. It would be an investment for a long term enjoyment. I haven't stopped by the dive shop since last night and I have to get one more battery for the camera. My last sealife camera lasted 18 years and was in good shaped but I couldn't find 35mm film anymore, Bummer we couldn't get together. We're down on Bonaire for 3 weeks from March 16th. We have a time share at the Divi since 1990 and love it.