PDA

View Full Version : Bonaire Boat Rental

townses
02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Anyone know if Bonaire Boat Rental at the Harbour Village Marina is still in business?? Checked there today and where I thought they use to have an office was empty.

ModFreddie
02-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Be careful VERY careful towneses.. on BT1 there was a whole thread about someone who rented and came back and was charged for a damaged propeller that they claim they did not damage.. take photos of the boat and prop before renting......!!!!.... I see the boat by harbor village but cannot tell you where the office has gone.......

townses
02-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Yes, I remember that thread on BT1.We have rented from the same place the last two years and have no issues.There were two rental places at the Harbour Village Marina.The one I'm looking for is not the one that the prop damage thread was about.The onwer was a Dutch fellow and I thing his wife??Their office use to be up a flight of stairs as you entered the marina.

smits
02-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Could it be this one you are looking for
http://www.rentaboatbonaire.com/aboutus.html

I rented last year from a company named rent a boat bonaire or bonaire rent a boat.
It was from 2 belgian leadies. I had no issues.
They just met me at the boat.

3 years ago I rented from a dutch couple. No issues either.
Their office was outside at the entrance of harbour village.

townses
02-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Yes, it's the Dutch couple we are looking for.They are no longer in the office space they were in last year.They had four or five boats, bowriders, and a Seadoo jet boat.

coldwaterlloyd
02-12-2012, 08:36 PM
That old thread was very entertaining to say the least . Scared me silly not to rent a boat anywhere , anytime .

townses
02-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Well, our boat rental went better then expected today.As we headed to Klien we spotted a pod of dolphins......too many to count, maybe 75......not sure what type of dolphin, but they looked smaller then a bottlenose dolphins.We stopped the boat and jumped in with our masks.What a sight, surrounded by dolphins.Amazing sight, beautyful to see.The water was so clear we could see them when they dove deep.Several hours have past and my wife is still smiling from ear to ear........... a Valentines day we won't soon forget.

townses
02-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Forgot to mention, we rented from Blue Bay rentals located in the Plaza Resort.Very professional,and friendly.Owner Walter was very heplful, and he took photos of the prop before we left and went over everything with me before we hit the water.Highly recommended if you want to rent a boat while in Bonaire.

coldwaterlloyd
02-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks , great review on operation and trip .

townses
02-14-2012, 09:57 PM
What we saw today was a large pod of spinner dolphins..........I think