PDA

View Full Version : Parchment Paper

Dianna Rides the Short Bus......
03-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi all, I was wondering - and no offense meant to anyone - I know this can be touchy asking if we can get whatever in Bon. - but this is kinda wierd stuff which I dont know how to cook without anymore,,,,so,,,
could someone tell me please if I can purchase
parchment paper on Bonaire?

MBZ aka JimmyChooWho aka R.A.
03-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Oh Dianna...how could you ask such a question...I, I dont even know how to answer (really! I don't know the answer!!) LOL

03-24-2010, 12:20 AM
I KNOW - its like I am completely naieve & have never been there before!!

iTimmmy
03-24-2010, 12:29 AM
That's fairly light weight - if you feel you really really need it - bring it with you.

*Skipper Tink*
03-24-2010, 10:35 AM
I thought parchment paper was stuff you wrote on...oh, yea, i don't cook can you tell? ;-)

03-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Yes - I will probably bring one down
(Tink it makes cooking WAY easy & cleanup is almost non existent!)
Even Locky uses it up at camp.
We always try to get as much as we need wherever we're going to help the economy.
Our island is also a tourist destination and hope visitors here would do the same.

Michael S. Contratto
03-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Warehouse has a very nice parchment paper. Much better then the stuff you can get in the states. It is the O'Lacy brand and it is brown rather then white but it works VERY well. We bring back 4-5 rolls after our visit.

03-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Michael Thanks!! That sounds like the commercial brand we used at the resort & my bro uses in the bakery (Ialways nick some from the bakery when I'm back in MB.

I'll probably do the same, (take some home)
thanks!

*Skipper Tink*
03-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Dianne, I have no idea how you would use parchment paper, but I am all FOR less cleanup! Can you please post how you use it in the Cooking area?

MBZ aka JimmyChooWho aka R.A.
03-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Dianna...shhhhh but Tink is a "non-cooker". Parchmant paper is as foreign to her as the dark outskirts of Siberia....I'm just sayin'... http://www.bonairetalk.com/newsgroup/clipart/happy.gif

I use it too, wonderful little invention huh?

Jerry
03-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Cynde, it's also known as hell's toilet paper.

Jerry
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Sounds better in French.

Jerry
03-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Le papier toilette d'Enfer.

Glen Reem
03-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I thought most European toilet paper fell into that category. It always felt that way.

Barbara "CB" Gibson*
03-25-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm not eating nothing cooked on toilet or toilette nothing....

Kelly(*)
03-25-2010, 01:43 PM
CB, you should have started that with, "I ain't".

Just saying.

Barbara "CB" Gibson*
03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Dang, Kelly...you have an ear for dialogue,,,

*Skipper Tink*
03-25-2010, 03:26 PM
This went downhill fast lol

03-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Zoooooom - - she's back,
hells toilet paper eh?
sOunds fitting for my kitchen!!
Tink - my appologies - I forgot about your no cooking _ I have agirlfriend who also doesnt cook - she wanted to impress her friends on the mailnand so made my "salad wraps" (tonnes of prep work) it was hilarious - she called me 6 or 7 times even with step by step instructions ----they did turn out tho!
Tink I think your best use for parchment paper is when you get it served to you in a restaurant "en papilotte"

Freddie.....I want warm weather again...
03-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Link for Tink (http://www.reynoldsparchment.com/)

03-25-2010, 03:29 PM
at least she used toilet & not $h!ter...

Eric M. "CamMan"
03-25-2010, 04:06 PM
The irony of the disclaimers and politeness of the original post, when juxtaposed against the current discussion about toilet paper, is palpable.

(Translation: Obviously the OP doesn't know us very well.) http://www.bonairetalk.com/newsgroup/clipart/happy.gif

03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
We didnt have a dishwasher until we moved here &(and just replaced the brand new one with ANOTHER brand new one - LG is NOT a dream to deal with...but I digres) so when we lived at the lake I learned to use it for everything - did all my xmas cookies with only 2 baking sheets - just slid one set on & slid another off - I use it to line my casserole dishes too & with tin foil to "bake" on the bbq - locky even uses it at camp for his "pocket tatoes"...

03-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Some poor man put a post on I think last year sometime - basically it was a shopping list - I guess they were travelling with small kids & I guess wither $$ was an issue or they were finicky eaters but this poor man (albeit he didnt want to do any checking or calling) but was just SHREDDED by folks who took offense to his post - I felt so bad - he just didnt know but I could just see him & his family showing up in Bon. with a suitcase full of pancake mix..........oh dear..

(Really tho pancake mix in the dutch antillies???
If I cant find a good pannekoek, strong coffee & ketjap manis, sambal olek - maybe even some croquettes then the founding dutchmen have not done their job well!!)

Eric M. "CamMan"
03-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Dianna, was not really poking fun at you. More at the hard left turn this discussion took. The way you approached the subject in your original post just made it all the more funny.

Hope you didn't take offense!

e.

Freddie {Moderator}
03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
this is a test don't try this at home..

Freddie {Moderator}
03-25-2010, 04:57 PM
this thread is going to be moved to Food and Wine > Tips and Tools as there is a bit of pertinent information about Parchment paper http://www.bonairetalk.com/newsgroup/clipart/happy.gif

03-25-2010, 05:04 PM
PHEW.. found the thread.. Thanks Freddie -got all confused there for a minute ( just a minute they ask??? Confused....does it really take much??)

Eric - whatever you say to me bounces off my muffin top & sticks to you!! :P

No offense taken.

You noticed a turn in the conversation? Welcome to my brain!! ALL the way ARound & back to the original subject!!!!

Locky describes my conversations like popcorn - part of one, then another , then another, then back to the first....ADHD LIKE ME!!!!!! http://www.bonairetalk.com/newsgroup/clipart/happy.gif

Jerry
03-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Dianna, you need to meet the VOICES!

Welcome to my hell. LALALA What? Who said that?

Nevermind!

Eric M. "CamMan"
03-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Squirrel!