Trip Report 10/24-10/31/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report 10/24-10/31/14

I have posted a trip report on my travel blog. It can be found here http://kimfair.wordpress.com/

I found that my Sealife camera in the past was adding too much red at shallow depths, so I went with the land settings, and it worked out much better. I'm not a professional photographer, I just do this for fun, so no complaining about picture quality, please! Enjoy.

Thanks for the detailed report in your blog. We are snorkelers, heading to Bonaire TODAY (!) and look forward to repeating some of the adventures you also obviously enjoy (Renee, Woodwind, Divi dock). This will be our fifth November trip, staying at Coral Paradise, and just doing the same thing over and over. One question: where do you park and enter when you go to Eden Beach to snorkel?
    Regards...Patsy ><((((o>

Comment

A most excellent report Michael very detailed, thanks for taking the time. To weird about getting sick on vacation and also very common. It does suck to lose vacation time.

I hate to say it but I liked the GoPro video quite a bit more. Very vibrant colors with the GoPro. You got to see quite a bit of the good stuff.
      sigpic And Jerry said, Keep it light, Keep it friendly. Post Like Jerry.

Comment

Great trip report! Very detailed - just the way I like them! Can't wait to get back down there in Feb/March. We are also coming from Boston, but flying United. I am excited to see your GoPro video. We have not had one in Bonaire before - we took ours to the Galapagos last year, and it is amazing to see the quality of the video! Thanks again for sharing!

Comment

No worries, it's why I bought the GoPro in the first place. I liked the pictures the Sealife took, but hated the video. I had used the Sealife on the night snorkels, since I had experience with it (and my wife gets nervous doing night snorkels, and I didn't want her freaking out about me using two cameras). I was amazed at the quality of the video it took. I also used the Sealife for video before I had the GoPro charging cord, as if I couldn't find a way to charge the camera I was going to save the power for Klein Bonaire. Glad I was able to use it more than I thought I would be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsy View Post
            Thanks for the detailed report in your blog. We are snorkelers, heading to Bonaire TODAY (!) and look forward to repeating some of the adventures you also obviously enjoy (Renee, Woodwind, Divi dock). This will be our fifth November trip, staying at Coral Paradise, and just doing the same thing over and over. One question: where do you park and enter when you go to Eden Beach to snorkel?
            When you enter the Eden Beach area, there is a parking lot for those not staying at the resort to the right. Park there, and get in the water there. Right in front of the parking area is where we saw the Yellow Headed Jawfish. You can snorkel left towards the resort, where all the rock piles are. It's a very nice snorkel. If I hadn't been sick we were planning on doing Bari Reef and Yellow Submarine that day. Oh well, next trip!

Comment

Nice report.

Comment

Thanks for the details on Eden Beach. That is about the only place we have never tried.
                Regards...Patsy ><((((o>

Comment

Great video. For your next trip, think about a snorkel at Karpata and one of the Andreas. You will enjoy both of these.

Comment

Tremendous report. Thanks so much.
                    Pachi Jim

Comment

Great report. Thanks for taking the time and sharing with us.
                      Lori Mulhisen

Comment

Working...
                      X