Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MANTA RAY VIDEO from Cornhusker

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...=video_comment

Here is hopefully a video clip of Mary's Valentine Day gift from Bonaire------it was simply amazing to watch this beautiful creature just move through the water with no effort---while I burned 600+PSI trying to catch up just to get it on film!

Arrgh....the video link doesn't work...

Comment

Sorry--must only work for people who I have on my Facebook--I will try and post it another way with help of ModFreddie

Comment

Have you tried setting the access to it on FB as "Public"? or do you want to avoid doing that ?
        PRA & ET Inc
        Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

Comment

It's Cornhuskers way of making new friends. Tease us with a Manta video to generate friend requests. lol

I usually set my videos on FB to public. It does not open up anything else on yoru profile to be viewed by others, only that one video.

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....15330753&saved

Perhaps this will work for Manta video to the public------Cornhusker

Comment

Ok--so try it now and let me know if this works!

Comment

Works great! Nice video! I wish I had seen either manta on our trip in October. Maybe next time!

Comment

It was just incredible----heart pumping the rest of the dive and burned through rest of the tank in short order---I will also post a video of the green moray and the master angler lionfish----some of them down at the 90'+/- dept and longer than 15" and at this size their colors getting deep black tones. Used Force Fins as way to measure them against and I do believe efforts to gather them have paid off as many dives we did not see any of them or very small ones in mid 50' zones.

Comment

I have never seen a Manta with those markings , very nice! was it near OIl Slick?

Comment

I agree on the markings---I was swimming had to catch up and get above the manta to get a shot of the back and it was somehting to behold! Location was right by Carib Inn---there is a street just about 200' south of their location and it leads right to the shore line wher you can park the dive truck and just walk in--it is also where we saw turtles along with 3-huge lionfish at the 90' zone. Great dive, little current and great slope down to the bottom. This is one of our favorite sites on Bonaire for us along with Wayaca II [lots of others of course] but it was a great trip.

Comment

thank you so much for the video! I'm so excited & hope they hang around until I get to see one in person!! What did you film the manta with? I would probably be zoo excited I'll forget how to run my camera, LOL.

Comment

GoPro 3 attached to a rod. I had just turned it on and had it set for video when my wife started banging on her tank so just got lucky.

Comment

Great video, beautiful Manta. They sure are graceful.

Comment

Originally posted by sorobonanne View Post
                              I have never seen a Manta with those markings , very nice! was it near OIl Slick?
                              There's a term for that type of marking that the guide in Tahiti told me, but the name escapes me. Here's a picture of a 18-20 foot manta we floated about 20 feet above in Bora Bora. It was one of the most intense moments of my life. Below is a nine second video of the same manta. Truly stunning.

Comment

Working...
                              X