Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade completed

BT Forum Upgrade has been done. No need to re-register this time, just use your previous Username & PW. Login is in top right corner, a bit too light grey for my liking, I'm searching for the code to change it. Please have a good look around and post in the "New Forum Software Queries" Thread for and queries/problems you have with the new Version

Link to Queries thread ... http://www.bonairetalk.com/forum/for...ftware-queries

I will also post an update on BT Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/BonaireTalkCommunityChat
See more
See less

Cost of Gin on Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of Gin on Island?

Will be there a month; need G&T!
    Should I bring my Gin, or buy it locally?
    (Couldn't search for Gin; word is too short...)
    Thanks!
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y-vD2LjZCY&t=49s

Bonaire has its own gin. Sponsor the local community.

Comment

available at the Cadushy Distillery located in Rincon.......excellent ratings ---

Comment

There is a government run liquor store across the road from Donna and Georgio's . They have the best prices for Gin that I have found on the island. Their hours are kind of tricky being closed for a long lunch hour from 12:30 -2:00. The grocery store next to the Warehouse also has a big assortment of gin. Think Famoso . The tax is all included in the price of the liquor when you see the shelf price.

Comment

Originally posted by petri hausmann View Post
          available at the Cadushy Distillery located in Rincon.......excellent ratings ---

I expected you to react :-)

Comment

Prices, compared to duty-free flying in?

Comment

May I suggest you only bring what you can’t buy on Bonaire?
              Businesses will appreciate your support

Comment

Originally posted by smits View Post
                May I suggest you only bring what you can’t buy on Bonaire?
                Businesses will appreciate your support
                I understand your concern.
                I'm sorry you do not have the info that will let me make my decision in favor of purchasing locally.

Comment

"Best Cellars" across from Van Den Tweel supermarket & "Bottles" across from Formoso on Kaya Industria have a great upscale selection of wines liquors. European brands are priced better on Bonaire then in the US, but US brands are a bit more here. ie: a liter of Stoli vodka is $17 but a liter of Titos vodka is $24 and a liter of Bullet bourbon is $35. I don't drink gin myself but I saw Hendrick's and Bombay in Best Cellars the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisL View Post
                    "Best Cellars" across from Van Den Tweel supermarket & "Bottles" across from Formoso on Kaya Industria have a great upscale selection of wines liquors. European brands are priced better on Bonaire then in the US, but US brands are a bit more here. ie: a liter of Stoli vodka is $17 but a liter of Titos vodka is $24 and a liter of Bullet bourbon is $35. I don't drink gin myself but I saw Hendrick's and Bombay in Best Cellars the other day.
                    Perfect. Price comparison with my local store lets Bonaire win hands down.
                    Thank you.

Comment

Checked both stores again today and Best Cellars on Kaya Industria across from Van Den Tweel has the better prices then Bottles which is closer to the gas station & Rocargo then to Formoso.

Comment

Working...
                      X