Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade completed

BT Forum Upgrade has been done. No need to re-register this time, just use your previous Username & PW. Login is in top right corner, a bit too light grey for my liking, I'm searching for the code to change it. Please have a good look around and post in the "New Forum Software Queries" Thread for and queries/problems you have with the new Version

Link to Queries thread ... http://www.bonairetalk.com/forum/for...ftware-queries

I will also post an update on BT Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/BonaireTalkCommunityChat
See more
See less

Cost of Gin on Island?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cost of Gin on Island?

    Will be there a month; need G&T!
    Should I bring my Gin, or buy it locally?
    (Couldn't search for Gin; word is too short...)
    Thanks!
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

  • #2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y-vD2LjZCY&t=49s

    Bonaire has its own gin. Sponsor the local community.

    Comment


    • #3
      available at the Cadushy Distillery located in Rincon.......excellent ratings ---

      Comment


      • #4
        There is a government run liquor store across the road from Donna and Georgio's . They have the best prices for Gin that I have found on the island. Their hours are kind of tricky being closed for a long lunch hour from 12:30 -2:00. The grocery store next to the Warehouse also has a big assortment of gin. Think Famoso . The tax is all included in the price of the liquor when you see the shelf price.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by petri hausmann View Post
          available at the Cadushy Distillery located in Rincon.......excellent ratings ---

          I expected you to react :-)

          Comment


          • #6
            Prices, compared to duty-free flying in?
            Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

            Comment


            • #7
              May I suggest you only bring what you can’t buy on Bonaire?
              Businesses will appreciate your support

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by smits View Post
                May I suggest you only bring what you can’t buy on Bonaire?
                Businesses will appreciate your support
                I understand your concern.
                I'm sorry you do not have the info that will let me make my decision in favor of purchasing locally.
                Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

                Comment


                • #9
                  "Best Cellars" across from Van Den Tweel supermarket & "Bottles" across from Formoso on Kaya Industria have a great upscale selection of wines liquors. European brands are priced better on Bonaire then in the US, but US brands are a bit more here. ie: a liter of Stoli vodka is $17 but a liter of Titos vodka is $24 and a liter of Bullet bourbon is $35. I don't drink gin myself but I saw Hendrick's and Bombay in Best Cellars the other day.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ChrisL View Post
                    "Best Cellars" across from Van Den Tweel supermarket & "Bottles" across from Formoso on Kaya Industria have a great upscale selection of wines liquors. European brands are priced better on Bonaire then in the US, but US brands are a bit more here. ie: a liter of Stoli vodka is $17 but a liter of Titos vodka is $24 and a liter of Bullet bourbon is $35. I don't drink gin myself but I saw Hendrick's and Bombay in Best Cellars the other day.
                    Perfect. Price comparison with my local store lets Bonaire win hands down.
                    Thank you.
                    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Checked both stores again today and Best Cellars on Kaya Industria across from Van Den Tweel has the better prices then Bottles which is closer to the gas station & Rocargo then to Formoso.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X