Global Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Entry

We applied for Global Entry back in August. We need to call and make appointment at the airport. (We are hopefully traveling in Feb.) can anyone tell us what the procedure is to make appointment and how it works when u get to airport. We can’t go the day we are flying because it is so early in day . Thanks

Its been a number of years sine I did this but, as I recall it’s not a big deal. Once you arrive at the meeting, a TSA officer (I think) will ask you a few question about your application and travel history. I don’t think my interview lasted more than five minutes. They were on schedule, but if it could be avoided I would recommend not doing it on a travel day due to the possibility of flight delays.

Comment

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...sked-questions
      Consider the Enrollment on Arrival option....
      Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Comment

We had trouble 6 months ago getting appointments in Atlanta. We happened to be at the Albuquerque, NM airport and were able to get an appointment no problem. The enrollment is online and then you can search for dates/times online. It takes several weeks to receive your card in the mail (processing, etc).
        When you do receive your credentials in the mail, remember to register (activate) your card. Good luck.

Comment

Beware when applying for Global Entry on line. We applied on line in December and I clicked on an Ad that I didn't know that I was getting into.
          It is a company that charges $149 to help you with the process. When I found out what was happening they did refund our money but it was
          a hassle. It should only be $99.00 for 5 years. We were also told that if your global Entry is expiring now you have a two year grace period to
          renew it because of Covid.

Comment

Yes, make sure you are on the Official Government page which you will log in & register with them. The website is kludgy and confusing to say the least (the govt never makes things easy).
            Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch View Post
              Beware when applying for Global Entry on line. We applied on line in December and I clicked on an Ad that I didn't know that I was getting into.
              It is a company that charges $149 to help you with the process. When I found out what was happening they did refund our money but it was
              a hassle. It should only be $99.00 for 5 years. We were also told that if your global Entry is expiring now you have a two year grace period to
              renew it because of Covid.
              My global entry was set to expire this coming March on my birthday. They sent me an email back in September to reapply. About 10 days later I got a new card in the mail. I paid for it with my AMEX which AMEX credited me back $100 a week later.
              owner - Casa Bunita Bista

Comment

Working...
              X