Ribs Factory is Sneaky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribs Factory is Sneaky

We went to the Ribs Factory last night. The ribs were OK (a bit fatty) but we won’t be back because I believe they purposely attempted to overcharge us. While I won’t delve into the details, I will say that it seems that they play some of those little games to try and scam tourist out of a few extra bucks.

Plus, the food is REALLY expensive for what you get: $11.50 for a 4 piece shrimp cocktail (ignore the picture on the menu as the manager says, “you shouldn’t expect to get 8 shrimp like depicted in the picture”); $18.50 for a rack of ribs; $17.50 for chicken quesadilla.

I am sorry you had a bad experience....I have been there multiple times and never had a problem...but it has been about 18 months since my last visit...and I had heard that the prices had gone up Hope they get it straigtened out before my next visit.
    Bamba, EOHHoOps

Comment

Mike...My recommendation for ribs is Paradise Moon. If you're still on island, try them..I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. A big YUM...
      "Life is good, And on Bonaire, It's even better!"

Owner of VINIBU

Comment

The baby back ribs at Cactus Blue are not be missed… and this coming from a Texan! Chef Hagen not only does the ribs just right he makes great BBQ sauce.
        As a bonus they are reduced in price for happy hour from 5:30 to 6:30.

Comment

Only ate there once, and went for the ribs, but was talked into the wahoo special by the cook. It was good but I found the noise from Karl's across the street to be just to much and have never went back.

Comment

Ribs Factory has always treated us well. The transistion to the US dollar has caused alot of confusion on the Island. Suppy and demand is also a factor. Remember you are on a Island...

Comment

Bobbejans is the place for ribs. Tasty & reasonably priced. If busy, service can be a bit slow, but ... hey, you're on island time. Have another Bright & kick back !!
              KOB
              PADI CD-159014
              KOBScuba.com
              Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Comment

Originally posted by kob View Post
                Bobbejans is the place for ribs. Tasty & reasonably priced. If busy, service can be a bit slow, but ... hey, you're on island time. Have another Bright & kick back !!
                Agree !

Comment

Originally posted by coldwaterlloyd View Post
                  Agree !
                  I second that one. Bobbejans for ribs and all related food stuffs!!

Comment

everything is expensive on Island

Mike P,
                    I haven't found anything cheap about Bonaire!
                    But, I'll be back soon.
                    Any dealings I've had with the Rib factory have been honest and above board. The food has been good to excellent and the service pretty good. I just wonder how they return poor food product--such as your ribs, are they stuck with them?
                    Is there anyway this person could have just made a "plain old mistake"?
                    By the way welcome to Bonaire Talk 2, hope your diving on island was gr8--wish I was there.

Comment

another place for ribs

I had the ribs at Wil's and they were wonderful. Slow cooked with a Hoisin-based sauce accompanied by a terrific Thai coleslaw and frenchfries.

Comment

Originally posted by BonaireDan View Post
                        I second that one. Bobbejans for ribs and all related food stuffs!!
                        Ditto Bonaire Dan & Kob..
                        Bobbejans has always been great for us.
                        Sorry you had a bad time there (RibsFac.) Mike. Lots of other choices tho..
                        sigpicDianna & The Hounds
                        Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are!

Comment

Working...
                        X