Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish soup?

Hi!

We are coming to Bonaire for the first time tomorrow. I spent a fair amount of time in Aruba as a youngster -- My pops worked there for a number of years. One thing I remember fondly was amazing fish soup at a couple places there. Any suggestions on where to get it on Bonaire? For that matter, any suggestions on good, affordable sea food?

Thanks!

-Devin

Between 2 Buns has excellent food at a reasonable price. It's located on the main road going north from town in front of Sand Dollar and next to the bank. Open early to 5pm.

Comment

Thanks! This place keeps popping up in all the reading I've done. We will for sure check it out.

-D

Originally posted by Larcat
      Hi!

We are coming to Bonaire for the first time tomorrow. I spent a fair amount of time in Aruba as a youngster -- My pops worked there for a number of years. One thing I remember fondly was amazing fish soup at a couple places there. Any suggestions on where to get it on Bonaire? For that matter, any suggestions on good, affordable sea food?

Thanks!

-Devin

Comment

Originally posted by Larcat
        Hi!

Thanks!

-Devin
        Maybe not the authentic thing you are looking for but you might also try Plaza Limenita, which is underneath Den Laman. I had a seafood stew that was very tasty there last month.

Comment

Thanks!

I don't even know about authentic, I just know I can't get anything close here

So excited!

Originally posted by antennariidae View Post
          Maybe not the authentic thing you are looking for but you might also try Plaza Limenita, which is underneath Den Laman. I had a seafood stew that was very tasty there last month.

Comment

you also might try La Flogan >?? not sure of the spelling... go past van Tweels and turn left at the round about toward the baseball field (road to Lac Bay) .... La Flogan is on the right hand side with in the first block , I believe it is a yellow building... that would be authentic...
            Freddie
            sigpic

:love_heart:When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile. :love_heart:

Comment

I agree with Freddie, El Fogon Latino has a great fish soup.

Comment

for the real thing you must visit a Bonairian krioyo restaurant .. to name a few ... Maikey's on the way to Lac and the Cai fisherman's snack ..open weekends , the Divi Divi in Antriol and Posada Para Mira and Rose Inn in Rincon .. these are the genuine local kushina's. El fogon is good .. but Colombian style..On Sunday's from noon to 6PM at the Arawak Indian Village ..and dance with the locals to great live music.

Comment

a heads's up .. bonairians eat the hot meal at noon so the krioyo restaurants are usually open from 11AM until 6pm. go early as the food sells out quickly.

Comment

For fish soup eat the small local places. Not mentioned on this thread is Mi Banana (across from Pachi's).
                    "Life is good, And on Bonaire, It's even better!"

Owner of VINIBU

Comment

yes small local places in the Barios .. Mi banana is another Colombian kitchen .. the soup is prepared very differently from the Bonaire style.. ... in Antriol ..just off of Laguen Road is Antriol Catering ...another local krioyo restaurant ...and it is a must to eat fish soup with FUNCHI....

Comment

Maybe you know already, but Fish Soup is called "Sopi Piska" (so-pee piss-kah)-this is what you need to look for on the chalkboard of choices. My husband prefers El Fogon although it's technically not Bonairean, but Colombian--however you will see a lot of locals eating there. They are open for lunch and dinner, and I think closed on Thursdays, however, it is a 'special' and not always on the menu.

Comment

Working...
                        X