Grocery stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery stores

We r staying at the Yacht Club Apts close to the traffic circle by Buddy dive. We were just there in March and seen the grocery store close to Wills. I am not sure of the name but is there a better grocery store for produce and milk. Or do you get produce from the farmers market? When and where would that be. Thanks for your help.

The warehouse and the new dutch store on the other circle by Lucy's . You'll fell like you are in the states.

Comment

Ok, when u say the other circle, how do u get there from the airport. I thought they had a bigger and better store but the last time we were only there for 5 days and didn't do much cooking but this time we will do a lot more cooking in and will be there for 9 days.

Comment

Go back towards the airport. The circle that you will come to will be the one I am talking about. You will entire the circle and continue as you were going to get gas from Lucy's . That will put you on kaya industrial. The warehouse is up on your right, although closed on Sunday usually. Just continue another block and you will see the new Dutch store on your left.
        There is also a buyers group similar to sams in the states. Bonaire's version. The Chinese store just north of you is also good for many of the American brands.

Comment

Ok, thanks a lot. I know exactly where they r. I guess I never went that way before. I think the one in town was Culinary or something like that and now it has a new name. That's the only grocery store we have been to in 3 trips. Its really great to know about these other 2 stores. Can't wait for 4 weeks and then we will be divng on Bonaire again!!

Comment

We also will be back on island in 4 weeks.

Comment

In addition to Top Supermarket (the prior Cultimara), Warehouse, Van den Tweel's (the large one further down from Warehouse), there is also Bonaire Food Group (for fresh produce) which is down the side street opposite the entrance for Van den Tweel's. And, a new supermarket, next to Warehouse, should be opening soon as well. Bondigro is the "club market" referenced earlier. But a membership is necessary to purchase there.

Comment

There is another option from going downtown: Zung Kung supermarket on Kaya Gob N Debrot. When you leave Yacht Club turn Left go about 1 mile it is on the right. They have really competitive pricing and its more convenient to where you will be staying.
                Also, they have american products, fresh veggies, fruit, bread, good prices on wine, beer and alchohol.
                However,with that said, I shop there frequently as I stay in Hato where you will be staying, but I also go to Van Den Tweel and warehouse.
                I just like the convenience of Zung Kung, plus they expanded.

Comment

Thanks for all the info.
                  Dee: You said to turn left out of Yacht Club Apts. That would be heading into town. Is that what you meant? If I would turn right out of Yacht club, I would hit a traffif circle by Buddy dive. I really don't know my streets that well.

Comment

I think she meant if you were looking at Yacht club from street. As I said it is north of you. Come out of the yacht club and take a right. You will see it right after you past the large tanks. It is only a block or so up the street. While you are there and so close ,you have to have the half price burgers on weds. At Bistro of Paris . See you already found wills which is our favorite.

Comment

Thanks Mike. I know where u are talking about. Do u guys dive?

Comment

Yep, sorry i did mean go north!! LOL,, oopsie

Comment

Working...
                        X